PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 13th Oct 2008, 22:21
6chimes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
el

I think you are missing something.

This a pilots site debating issues that are related to their industry. Then there are the other people that work in aviation who come here to share common views and discuss their industry. And then there are the passengers and aviation enthusiasts that are welcome to vent their spleens as well.

The cc rant that you and so many others have picked holes in just sums up the inside view of what we seem to do every day. We have to apologise for just about everything that happens to you when we didn't have anything to do with it. Yes it is our job and we do it because it is our job and we understand that we are the face of the airline and anything that happens to you whilst you are with us. We honestly don't mind that.

Is 9/11 on our minds every day we go to work? Of course not. What is on our minds though, is how easily it would be to let our guard down. We know that we sometimes come across as being party poopers when we ask you to comply with some every day rules that seem to have no sense to you. We do however realise that we are the last line of defence if something does happen in that metal tube zipping along at 500 mph some 6/7 miles up. Terrorism or just general disruption it aint the place for it.

I am sure that if I was to enter your world I would come across some policies and procedures that I would have no idea why they were there, it would seem that they were just a hinderence. And I am quite sure that you would tell me that there was a damn good reason for them. When its my bank telling me I can't get a loan when I can clearly pay for it then thats something to moan about.