PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 13th Oct 2008, 18:59
el #

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wrt the CC rant above, others have expressed my same opinion and I have no apology to make. I'm serious in saying that if a CC goes to report to work everyday thinking about 9/11, something is not right with his/her psyche.

Be reassured that I have the maximum respect toward CC's role and responsibilities, no matter if someone else life depends on me or not.

The issue is another, seems like that every time there is a pax having a different opinion on things, or merely a report of inconsistency like in this case, the anwer from people "in the business" come invariably as absolute and infallible, like:

- Due to security regulations (often adding, that don't come from us)
- We do like that and if others don't, we don't even want to know, beside others are wrong by definition.
- It's "my" airplane.
- You don't know anything as it's not your profession.

In short, I see "you guys" to be very good at dodging and rebutting any critique or objection, always reusing the same arguments and not actually listening to what others says. Kind of the canned answer that one receive from CS departments. This can be a little appalling in forums where you expect the next person to be at least normally intelligent and able to dialogue.