PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Odd things happening upon reaching parking stand
Old 13th Oct 2008, 15:52
R04stb33f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd things happening upon reaching parking stand

Hi all,

I have a question relating to a LH flight that I was on from MUC to LYS last thursday night.

Aircraft was 737 300/500 not sure which one, but was an event free flight... until we reached the stand at LYS.

The normal crap began when the aircraft reached a stop before the seatbelt signs went off and everyone stood up to grab their luggage etc. Engines still running.

Then, all the lights went off, and the PA went "BING!", the emergency lights came on... and the engine thrust increased as if the aircraft was about to move forward / take off. (incidentally, we were being connected to a tunnel facing the terminal...)

After around 1 to 2 seconds the emergency lights went off, main cabin lights came back on, "BING!" from the PA and the engines reduced back to idle speed.

This happened 3 or 4 times before finally the engines were cut off.

Does anyone have any idea what on earth was going on there?

I am particularly interested as to why the thrust would be increased when the cabin lights failed/were switched off and emergency lights switching on... (possible fault?)

Thanks all

Rich