PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When this Economy picks up!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2008, 11:40
mech500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loans

I totally disagree with the concept of banks lending money to say 18 year old's fresh out of school.

Those people, who do not have family backing etc and no money of their own, should never have been allowed to borrow such amounts of money in the first place. This is one of the reasons why the economy is in the state it is now.

At 18 it would be better to go to uni and then get a well paid job (or at least a better paying job) Hopefully, you will have the money saved up to fund a modular training course by 25-26. (I did this).

Personally i dont think that airlies should hire anyone under 25 as 21, in my opinion, is way to young for an airline pilot! i wouldnt feel too comfortable knowing that my family is on aboard a plane piloted by someone who hasn't even fully developed physically! But then against my view is based upon what i was like at 21.

So the fact that HSBC have stopped their loan scheme is good news for me - it means that 18year olds, who are serious about their career have to work harder and stop spending money they dont have.