PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does bringing your own plane = work?
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2008, 08:24
czechsanchez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unstable load:

do most of the current operators have intimate knowledge of the African bureaucracy environment which gives them sort of an edge?

I'm currently in the machinery sales business, so I know what kind of folks operate eastern bloc machinery and aircraft in africa, but i dont have direct knowledge of all their procedures.

Would you say that operators of eastern bloc aircraft running crews of ukrainians etc, are almost a different animal than those run by westerners? in the sense that they're up to more shady ****, and might be greasing wheels when it comes to beaucracy?

Right now, im just getting my pilot's licence so I can hope to buy some 4 seater in order to take the mrs and friends around europe, so by no means am I experienced in commercial aviation.
But the entrepauner and adventure junkie in me, is very very curious about possiblities in Africa.

Is there money to be made in African bush piloting from a corperate standpoint? Or are most companies there already able to handle the current workload, making it not too lucrative for newcomers?