PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Etihad Package...
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2008, 06:46
sisyphos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe this is unheard of in some parts of the world, but there are actually a lot of places where you don't need a car in the first place/ only for special occasions/ a few miles daily. I can't see the argument about car fuel when thinking about a move to the sandpit from e.g. Europe. I really don't see the advantage for anybody from a western medium quality airline up to apply ???

climate : terrible most of the year

traffic : grueling, life threatening simply

labor union : none

culture : big malls and even bigger cars. great.

inflation : double digits

management : unreliable, no job protection laws whatsoever

seniority list : worthless, since most won't stay anyway the whole career

housing : erratic, no guarantees regarding where you end up. are you guys really willed to gamble on the place your families has to live thereafter??

flight time limitations, overtime etc : as they please, general hours above average

currency: US$. well...

plus you loose your friends at home, don't see your wider family anymore, internet/movies/media are restricted, religious issues, middle-age conservative mindset among the locals, high school fees, common law is sharia,language barriers,role of women in islamic countries,etc etc., the list is endless.

I can see the incentive of an early command on a wide body, but nobody cares for that when in a few years you leave, eventually you are going to end up at the bottom of a seniority list again! Or are you all planning on becoming a contractor?

you always hear the argument of a criminal-less society. I believe this is a myth in the first place but anyway, the risk of dying on sheik zaheed road is probably a hundred times higher than becoming a fatal victim of a crime in the western world.

why are you going there ??? I don't get it..

Last edited by sisyphos; 13th Oct 2008 at 11:08.