PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 13th Oct 2008, 06:40
Final 3 Greens

I wouldn't wish to get into an argument with you, as I respect your approach and time and time again you take a reasonable view on these boards

Having said that, my point is about the ridiculous inconsistency, not the act of showing a boarding pass at the door - it really doesn't worry me and only takes a few seconds.

But if different countries have different security needs, how come the airlines operate in and out of the same airports with different standards? Should n't they standardise by airport by country?

To use your example of visas, wouldn't it be ridiculous if people flying on BA to a certain needed a visa, but people on Lufthansa didn't?

That's exactly the type of inconsistency people like me, who fly every week, experience regularly.

I certainly don't blame the crew, as I am well aware that the DfT set rules which their employers must comply with, but I do notice the differential standards and wonder what it is all about.... and like another poster said on another post recently, I actively avoid corresponding through UK airports because of the extra hassle, wchih does not make me feel one little bit safer.