PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 12th Oct 2008, 22:54
kinglouis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and it also looks like us operational types are going to have to carry the can on this one as the office side of the company are far more interested in commenting on photo of the day than using their noodles for any common sense.
WE are the employees, we make this company... ALL OF US. if you are too damn stupid to realise it and if we let management go on this one we are buggered and your office job security most likely will not be there in 2 years time as they will have outsourced the majority.
I can bet you all a pretty pound that as that **** baron is due to jump ship next march we will not see any more public appearances from this arsehole... you can take your barstool sessions and stick 'em where the sun dont shine.
my misses works for a large company in an 'office' role and to hear her view on all this is a sobering thought as she thinks in different ways to us ATCO's.... we dont always agree with eachother, for some reason she seems not to like the term 'office monkey' but she still thinks we need to ALL stand up and fight for our pension.
I also hear that during the pay negotiations that management are asking us to give back 6 days a year for £2k.... and thats a one off payment. if we give in to this pension thing, you can expect way more of this stripping of our T&C's in the coming years.... but hey, why would that bother someone at the CTC who doesnt know the difference between a C152 and aC130. apparantly it only seems to be the ops side of the company that will get f****d over as you all will just drink coffee, forward emails, bury your heads in the sand about pensions as no one there has yet to show any balls oh and have some more meetings about meetings in expensive hotels.
If this gets pushed through, my personal view is that i will be giving back my 2nd sector that i do for the company for FREE, ojti, lce etc etc.... and the next time some office types appear and the GS asks if I can spend my break answering their questions, or on a very, very rare occasion they are there to plug in... the answer im afraid, that in the past has ALWAYS been a yes is a NO.
i will turn up to work, do my job and spend as much time doing the bare minimal as possible, which is not in my nature, but i am just not willing to do the company any favours anymore. lets see how well the AC units tick along when people stop with the goodwill acts, i.e, doing above MUR for free.
OK, my rant over. apologies if i offend, but this has all really pissed me off. if anyone can show me anything against what i have said, i am more than willing to take it on board and apologise if necessary.
Union meeting tomorrow.... not holding my breath.