PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 1 Gp Dining In Night at Waddington
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2000, 19:51
Stoutnav

Wink

Good Thread,

There were plenty of high-jinx to be had at the old East-Anglian Happy Hours of the late 80s and early 90s too (then we all became PC or something!).

My personal fav involves the young abo pilot on 27sqn who, having resisted the pressure from all and sundry to lose his death trap of a motor, foulishly gave the keys of said conveyance to the junta leader on the morning one particular EAHH. He emerged from the PBF to the car park just in time to see the Fire Section hacking the roof off his clapped out cortina in order to allow the boys to park the sacrificial piano in the back.
ps said piano nearly cat 5'd the Sqn boss who was stood in the boot tinkling the old ivories as the boys drove past the front of the Mess - forgetting that there is a low archway just beyond.

There must be some good old stories from the F4 boys about the Phantom Phinale bash at Watt-a-Shame......

One quick question, I thought that the old 1 Group party was at Bawtry or is my banter a bit off the mark? Any of you oldsters help out?