PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to start the MPL
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2008, 17:50
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-BFUN...
Not being funny, but it's starting to look like you've not read anything that's been written here...I'm probably being unfair and there's just something that hasn't completed the picture for you just yet, so I apologise in advance.

FlyBE (ANY airline that wants to use the MPL route) will be highly unlikely to use only that route to source pilots. This is because they would need to be 100% accurate in their forecasting AT LEAST 15 months in advance. NO airline does this...most struggle with forecasting their requirements 15 DAYS in advance.

Therefore, FlyBE and all the other airlines will - for the moment at least - continue to take fATPL students. HOWEVER, FlyBE have stated that they will only take low hours pilots from the three major integrated FTOs (Cabair, FTE and OAA) and "one stop modular"...namely Atlantic flight training, Coventry, Aeros, Gloucester and PTC, Ireland. I'm sure there are exceptions and slight differences that others will know better than me on, but that is as I understood it direct from Ian Cheese a year ago and backed up on their website (here):
Flybe.com - Pilot sponsorship

Therefore, if you have your heart set on FlyBE, and self sponsored, through ANY of the routes named on their website, you'd have as much chance as most others of being successful....I'd hazzard a guess that would be better odds than 'winning' a place on the MPL scheme, which will offer maybe 12 seats initially.

I hope that clears it up...a read through FlyBEs recruitment pages will also be worthwhile.