PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines/Travel Agents
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2008, 17:14
Doverbeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlines/Travel Agents

Please bear with me on this...............

I booked 2 flight seats from Glasgow AEA290 to Tenerife to leave on Boxing Day at 23.15 and return one week later leaving from Tenerife AEA289 at 18.00.

I booked through a company called Travel Republic away back last January and the main attraction was "a good flight home" . I paid £100 per flightdeposit.

Surprise surprise and not for the first time in my life I get an email 3 days before my balance was due telling me the Airline who is have now changed the flight times to leave at MIDNIGHT on both ways and get in at stupid o'clock,but here is the Icing on the cake my outward flight from Glasgow is now going to Manchester then Gatwick then Tenerife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new flight numbers are AEA242 and AEA 241

To say I am furious is an understatement of the highest magnitude.

I called the Airline and Travel Republic who each blamed each other...They tell me they are allowed 11 hours either way as that is "the law"" This is an utter disgrace and I am looking for guidance as to how I take this further,if it's writing to my MP then I will do this.

For the record I was told I did not need to pay my balance but no way was I entitled to get my deposit money back £200.... Flights at present would cost me nearly £500 MORE in total if I were to book them from today!!!

Can anyone tell me why the CUSTOMER always suffers????