PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2008, 15:43
FourGreenNoRed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off Topic

There's no denying JB made a success of White Concierge. The investors have seen that, will have made due diligence enquiries and now know far more about him than you or I do. As they tell you at indoc these people don't get rich by being stupid.
Sorry for hijacking this intresting non-topic (excellent and cheap PR) and converting it into a CB / DM praisery or slamathon.
JB had success, right. Everybody has potential if he is supported and trained well and put into the right position. Dont get me too wrong here, but a well trained Janitor is an assett, the heart and soul of every company. Does that mean he will be a good teamleader or manager? Porbably not, but maybe Yes. Who knows.

DM and JB have been proven to be excellent managers in their specific and tailored postions and tasks. What a potential, but then NJE made a mistage (they still do) they promote people by senority and success in their present role, without checking their potential for the next carreer step. And here is what went wrong.

Whiteconsierge (from which I have no clue about its success, never heard of them before, but this is my ignorance and doesnt mean they are no-good. How many employees and budget per year? I have no idea!) seems to be a good stage for a poser. Self-Presentation as part of the business. Well picked, stay there and be happy and drive bad-taste-coloured sportscars.
But dont reach too high, this has proven to be the wrong thing on one occasion and history might repeat itself.

End of-off-topic, sorry for the detour.