PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nice quiet Ultra-Light aerodrome near Sydney to learn to fly
Old 12th Oct 2008, 09:54
TwoTango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoxton Park???

I am sure our elderly aviator friend would be keen to fly well beyond the 15.DECEMBER 2008!
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it stayed open past that date - they're probably going to keep pushing it back a month at a time until everyone on the field leaves out of frustration, and then they can say that everyone left of their own accord, and the closure was 100% justified. That and if the lack of evident sales activity is anything to go by, they could probably do with whatever money they're getting from the aviation activity.

As for the criterion "not bedevilled by hordes of Cessna/Warriors bashing the circuit" though, I think you'd be out of luck. It is fairly heavily used as a reliever facility for Bankstown, and its not uncommon to have half a dozen aircraft banging around in the circuit, not always in an orderly fashion, and sometimes it would be better described as a circus. In addition the locally based aircraft are up a lot of the time. Then again, sometimes it is so quiet you'd expect the tumbleweed to start bouncing down the runway...

TT