PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 12th Oct 2008, 08:58
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the likes of Eglynt and Mr.777, it looks as though the company has already won the pensions battle by dividing the workforce.

The people at CTC actually do a lot of work that provides profit for NATS - if we are not allowed to pass through cost in the future, don't you realise how much higher a percentage the non operational staff contribution to profit will become?

Lets face it, how many people here gives a monkeys about other people in the company - we're are all altruistic - we only care for ourselves at the end of the day.

Send NATS to the wall and get re-nationalised - lots of job losses.

Make NATS lose loads of money through indistrial action - lots of job loses.

Yes, us operational staff will be safe in the main, but it p11ses me off when people talk about 'one nats, one pension' and the greater good when they can't see what effect industrial action might have on colleagues.

I have not yet attented a briefing - as it stands, I am not happy with the proposals and therefore tend towards a NO vote.

However, I know that the pension needs a hand - how that happens is what I am interested in. The pension cannot survive in its present state for every member, current and future.

By all means vote NO to this initial proposal, but realise that something needs to be done, to safeguard both the pension, and the jobs of fellow workers!!