PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas:The Trashing Of A Brand
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2008, 07:11
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must have been lucky, I have just had four good flights with them (longhaul). But seriously this is really distressing for anybody who works for the company, and to see what has happened under Dixon's watch is appalling. The only thing going for it now is the staff. Despite being treated like S$it, they still keep going, as dedicated as ever, as loyal as ever. I have worked for them, I have three kids working for them, two up the sharp end, one on the hangar floor, One in JQ, and so I get to listen to what they have to say very often, and it is pretty much what is said on this forum. So where to from here? Can Joyce turn it around? He is aware of the situation, as is the board, it won't take much, all he has to do is starting talking to his staff, and he has be known to talk to JQ staff, just a visit to the hangers, into the crew rooms, it won't take long for the word to spread, and optimism to start growing, in my time the bosses like Menidue, and Yates were highly popular, because they did visit the hangers, the crew rooms, the canteens, in fact Yates turned up to one of the hangers at 0200, to the amazement of the LAMES who were doing a wheels up at the time, (they reckoned they neally dropped her)! (my brother was one of them) but he just said he was working late, and thought he would take a stroll before going home, just asked them how things were, told them they were appreciated, and off he went. Needless to say they thought he was a good bloke. Didn't take much did it? The rest will follow if you get the staff on side. Here's hoping.