PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAS Help (Long post!)
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2008, 06:49
orca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might have missed something obvious here....

When I was at university the crabs that had got sponsorship were made to join the UAS. (Which was, obviously, also made to accept their presence - quite a bitter pill to swallow in a couple of cases....I would imagine!)

My point is, could this chap/ chapess not apply to OASC, VFR DCT - then be placed into the UAS by default when successful? Imagine, if you will, you are the boss of said UAS. You get a telephone call to say "Your QFI rejected me, but i am still absolutely dead set on joining up, can you give me some pointers?" - followed shortly by "Hello, OASC here, you have a new bursar". Might also be fun to see the selection officer at OASC when this bright young chap pitches up, does wonderfully, then points out that the UAS wouldn't have him/her?

Keen on joining up? Fill out the forms and have a go. The worst that could possibly happen is that you give a very clear demonstration that you mean what you say! Lots of chaps seem to get bunched about an incremental form of joining up, starting with cub scouts, cadets, Womens' Auxiliary.. etc etc.

Not really necessary - and i can vouch for all the posts above which allude to the fact that there might not be a direct correlation between UAS flying and current occupation!

Best of luck.