PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2008, 05:51
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will prob find that they were some of Harrods aircraft, brainless ops people book in the bigger aircraft in at same time and never have room for aircraft on long stays so they are tucked away on the south stands.

So are you saying that “brainless ops” should say no to revenue when the airport can accommodate the aircraft?

I was at the airport yesterday so had a look at the work in progress to the CTA. First thing to note is that the footpath to the staff car park and the former easyland has been closed off with fencing that butts up to the kerb. No alternate route has been provided so everyone has to walk on the narrow road. It’s the same for anyone crossing the road at the roundabout after walking through the tunnel. After seeking sanctuary on the centre isle I found that I also had to walk in the road on the roundabout as there was no marked route to the drop off area or terminal.

The existing drop off area, which according to reports here, will be used just as a taxi rank and valet meet and greet area is getting 2 new entry barriers that run parallel to the drop off lanes.

The former disabled parking area in the short term car park has shallow narrow trenches dug out, that is clearly the route for the kerb stones. The gap between the lanes doesn’t seem that wide to me so looks like it will be for cars but I could be wrong.

So where’s the bus stops and national express area going to be?

There must be more to this upgrade than first meets the eyes as I can’t see what is going to cost £2 million even allowing for the remodelling of the roundabout.

I also noted that the taxi overflow waiting area now runs the full length of the service road besides the Silverjet terminal. The bottom line is that even though a terrorist safety zone has been created in the drop off area the towns taxis can park right up against the airside area of the terminal.

Last edited by LTNman; 12th Oct 2008 at 06:11.