PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbo-Prop Derated Take-Off Power
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2008, 17:05
Lookforshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Guppy it matters...because...according to Mutt, and all your buddies, the big argument for airliners using flex is to save engines. That argument only holds true when you airline guys finally let out the dirty little secret that your running your engines out to as much as 35000 hours. Now If I was looking at taking off, with a pair of 35000 hours engines, I would baby them too. Corporate typicaly doesn't do that, they rebuild at 3500 to 5000 hours. Exceptions do exis but since corporate engines are rebuilt so much sooner, we can run them right up to max on every take off, right up to overhaul, and we do...Flex take offs being just about non-existant in corporate/charter. So the question pertains to this very simple point: Does this question pertain to flying a turboprop airliner with 30000 hour engines, or a corporate charter operation with 2000 hours on the engines? Keep in mind Guppy, I am only using your info, so If I end up hanging it around your neck, don't blame me, it's the Socratic Method at work.