PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1 Time forming a Union
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2008, 14:58
myfivecents

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Luck

I believe you must pursue this option - its the only way to get a hold of things.The oil price will forever be the reason you dont get a salary increase. The current Rand/ Dollar will be added to the excuse no doubt.
I see the following obstacle for you though:
Management will limit you by splitting the in - house guys and the Apbco guys. They will try and prevent Apbco members from having any say on the grounds of not being in the full time employ of 1Time.Interesting times ahead.
Unfortunately BBC Africa will never do anything for the pilots-too busy keeping management happy. Fatal that he is not looking after the pilots interests.But I suppose he has to be management orientated otherwise he would lose his Director status.Clever again of management.

I will follow this thread with interest.

Regarding the demise of Sun Air and Fitestar- it had nothing to do with the union. Flitestar's demise was caused by political interference to my knowledge and Coleman Andrews cleverly "bought" and then closed Sun Air down to steal the local market share that they enjoyed. The union had no say-there wasnt time;it closed within 2 days!