PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Shares! how low can they go?
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2008, 23:13
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knowing what I know now, if I were you young bucks, I would be buying real estate, (not units) you need to own the land, the house can be crap, but while you own the land you have to do ok. Up here in SE Qld, the land is running out, ditto anywhere within 10 ks of the ocean. What lies ahead for you young blokes is anybodies guess, with climate change (if it is for real) world markets, probably the changing of the guard, with India, China, and Russia once more making a lot of noise on the world stage, and perhaps another depression (hopefully not) Super is now shown for what it really is, far too dependant on world markets, and I doubt if much will be learnt from all of this, as greed will always win, it is the nature of the beast. (In fact I just read yesterday where some US bank, that has just been bailed out by the taxpayer, has organised a pissup at some 5 star hotel for the execs to celebrate their recovery, so their noses are already back in the trough.) I am probably stating the bleedin obvious here, but for self funded retirees these are worrying times, as you have probably learnt from your parents.