PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another headset question
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2008, 22:35
johankytt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I've just had bad experience with the Sennheiser HME 95 and definitely wouldn't recommend it if you want to keep your hearing. I bought the headset last week and sent it back to Transair today.

It's specs are similar to other headsets in the price range, but in reality the ear cups block almost no noise at all. Even the cheapest uncomfortable headsets protect your ears better (tried both of them on same flight). The ear cups are too thin to work properly and there was also a small gap left between the padding and my skin so extra noise could reach the ear that way.

If you're after comfort then yes, the HME 95 is very light and comfortable to wear. Also the microphone is quite good and the passive noise attenuation is definitely working, but as you get so much noise through the headset itself, it doesn't really matter what kind of microphone you have.

If the headset is going to be used in anything else than the small and noisy SEPs disregard my comments as it might work very well in quieter cockpits.