PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 10th Oct 2008, 19:24
V-Australia Union

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The current estimate provided to us is $168USD, but this is still very low, comparing to QF, BA, VS who all get at least $100 more! This is only based on meal cash allowances. It is based on food in the surrounding area. The hotel doesn't seem to even have a proper restaurant, it looks like it is an outside restaurant next door, which delivers room service. If you have stayed there, please correct me if I am wrong. And don't get me started if the company starts giving meal vouchers instead of allowances.

The company has chosen to have the vote end on the 19th. This means crew starting after this deal will not be eligible to vote.

I think someone else put it well saying, "we are not trying to hold the company to ransom, it is just to protect your rights amd get a fair deal".

The company is awesome, expansion plans look exciting, and the aircraft is stunning! The Development Managers have really approachable, the trainers are great, the EPs are simple, clear and easy to learn.

No negativity is intended by any of my posts. I am trying to get everyone to realise that as great as the company is, there are alot of grey areas in the new agreement, that need to be sorted out, which Senior management seem unwilling to do.

If you are happy with the agreement, then vote yes. If you think agreement needs a little improvement and clarification, vote NO. Simple. Results should be released on the 20th.

I am not from FAAA, I am a cabin crew member.