PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NIMBYs are at it again!
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2008, 18:21
jamestkirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nimbys

Just ley them know that there were small planes flying low over hills in 1940. The flying club was the RAF. They were engaged in a flyout called the Battle of Britain. they may not know, or want to know that was one of the most decisive battles in modern human history.

Then hopefully they will understand from that it may have inspired people in the UK and from that has had a love of aviation associated with a second to none romantic and professional attitude to flying in all guises. From wonderful aircraft to some of the most beautiful airfields there are.

Let them know that there is a community of people (called pilots), for the most part, help and assist each other when some other walks of life seem to have lost that calling.

Educate them that we sometimes view the world in a unique and picturesque way and that we would like to share that experience with them and others.

Yes, i know i may have had a glass of wine or two and that i am imagining a world full of reasonable people. its a good thought though