PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 10th Oct 2008, 16:19
LACCATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Devils Back

All the 15 year memorandum relates to is the salary cap as far as I understand it from the information - speak to your union rep for confirmation. The protection for us on the old scheme (by which I mean everyone up until Apr 2009!) is now written in to our permanent contract of employment. This cannot be changed.

As for being re-nationalised, yes, if NATS went bankrupt having taken all measures possible not to, then I agree we would be re-nationalised on the same T's & C's inc Pension as we have currently.

As it stands, if the staff vote to No to basically making the company more financially sound, then we go bankrupt - I still believe we would be re-nationalised, however, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the government would roll over and give us the salary, pension and conditions that we have now. It would all be up in the air again, and with a significantly weakened union trying to negotiate it...

There really is alot more information available than it seems some people are demonstrating a small knowledge of. Sky news is good, however, the information needed in this case to make and EDUCATED decision is a little harder to find... but still there. I have tried and still have more to learn but at least the effort is there...