PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 757 take-off brief
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2008, 15:33
bucket_and_spade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again,

For the emergencies part of the brief I would spout out (as an FO and PF) something like (again, this is the verbatim version, rarely used/appropriate for every single departure!)...

"As for problems along the way, if we have any significant malfunctions during push, start, taxi or on the runway up to 80 knots, you'll bring the aircraft to a halt and apply the park brake. I'll check the parking brake's set, speak to ATC and stand by with the QRH. For the takeoff itself, between 80 knots and V1, we'll only stop for an engine failure confirmed by two parameters, one of which should be on the EICAS screen, any fire warning, a predictive windshear warning (if fitted!), an obstructed runway or in the event that the aircraft is incapable of flight (the catch-all!). In the event of a STOP call, I'll monitor your stopping actions, call out any omissions, call 60 knots during the deceleration and put a stopping call in to ATC. I'll remind you of the wind direction if there's any indication of fire. Once stopped, I'll verify the parking brake is set, liaise with ATC and stand by with the QRH.

After V1, we'll continue the takeoff. You'll call "rotate", remind me that full go-around thrust is available if required and call "positive climb". I'll call "gear up" and then you'll cancel any alarms. There'll be no further actions until 400' AAL..."

After that I'd run through what my actions would be when airborne but it sounds like you don't plan on getting that far!

B&S