PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 757 take-off brief
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2008, 13:41
bucket_and_spade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Alex,

Relatively new to the type and commercial flying too.

Haven't got time to pen a takeoff brief that I'd use but the PNF calls during takeoff in my company are:-

PF: "Set 1.2" (the engine EPR setting).

PNF (advancing the thrust levers): "Stabilised" (when the engines have spooled up and are stable).

PF: "EPR" (while pressing the EPR button on the glareshield - this advances the thrust levers to takeoff setting).

PF/PNF both start stopwatches.

PNF (monitoring instruments and adjusting thrust levers if needed): "Thrust set".

PNF: "80 knots".

PF: "Check" (verifying their ASI is agreeing).

Then, for a normal takeoff...

PNF: "V1".

PNF: "Rotate".

PNF: "Positive climb".

PF: "Gear up".

In the case of an engine fire prior to V1...

PNF: "80 knots".

PF: "Check" (verifying their ASI is agreeing).

PNF (noticing the malfunction): "ENGINE FIRE".

In my company only the captain can usually call "STOP" or "CONTINUE". In this scenario, with the fire warning happening before V1, the call would be "STOP" and, if s/he wasn't already PF for the takeoff, s/he would announce "STOP" and conduct the stop by closing both thrust levers, disengaging the autothrottle, monitoring the autobrakes and applying maximum manual braking if the autobrakes aren't functioning/are not fitted/etc., deploying full speedbrake and full reverse thrust. PNF monitors these actions and calls out any omissions then calls "60 knots", "<Callsign> stopping." to ATC and reminds PF of the wind direction so they can position the burning engine downwind to limit the risk of fire being blown towards the fuselage. When stopped the PF sets the parking brake and gives the PA "Attention cabin crew, on station.", PNF verifies that the parking brake is set, everyone takes a breather then el capitano directs the actions to take from then on...

Hope this is some help!

B&S