PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 10th Oct 2008, 12:49
Mad As A Mad Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone mentioned earlier about whether there is a plan B...I can well believe that the union might not have a plan B...in fact I wouldn't even call this proposed sell out a plan A from the union point of view. What you can guarantee though is that management have a plan B,C,D etc

They know there will be a lot of bluster about these proposals, but as we have demonstrated consistently in pay negotiations over the last 20 years, we always roll over and play ball.

At the moment I think we are still behaving entirely in accordance with management's plan A.

It's no use just talking tough. We all have to be prepared to fight hard to save our pensions. I don't think management really take the prospect (sic) of industrial action at all seriously at this stage. It's up to us to change their perception and make them sit up and actually listen to us for once. This is our very last opportunity to ever stand up for anything worthwhile in our terms and conditions.

After this we will either look back with regret as we see everything else that makes this job worthwhile taken away from us, or we will look back with pride that we drew a line in the sand and showed that we will no longer tolerate being treated with such contempt.

Stand firm! Look at all the terms and conditions we have already given up in recent years. This has to stop. NOW