PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX LEPs.... it's time to join
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2008, 05:53
CXChildLabour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACMS is the exact reason why a lot of the LEPs don't wanna join the AOA. Expats thinking they're far more superior and only wanna use the number game to improve their own conditions. I was singling out the DEFO's in my other posting and got blasted for doing so, I really don't see how other AOA members are backing a even bigger and longer serving CX pilot group here while ACMS is singling them out. I hope these guys ain't taking the "oh it doesn't affect me anyway cause I'm an expat" appraoch, cause that would justify all the reasons why the LEPs don't join the AOA, and really makes me wonder if I've made a bad decision to join in the first place.

Yes CX did pay for training for the LEP's but in terms of compensation, 1.2 million HKD training cost would only equal to an expat's allowance for his SO career. Sometimes it's quite interesting to see how one differentiate an expat and a local, ask around and you'll find a lot of the so-called "EXPATS" are actually more LOCAL than a lot of the LEP's. Born and raised in Hong Kong cause his parents worked here (and probably on expat terms as well), go home for couple years to get their license, then come back and sign on expat terms. While the LEP sitting beside him could've been living overseas for most of his life, unable to support his aviation training on his own and decided to fight his way through the cadet system, only to find out that he's on the s**t scale for the rest of his career, barely making a decent living for his own and family, and still having to listen to guys like ACMS brag about their new house, cars, boats, 2nd-, 3rd-, 4th-, 5th-wife in flight. Now that's the perfect world for ya mate.

As far as guys not getting housing allowance when they go on base, now let's work out the logic here.... If one is considered an EXPAT in HKG (and came on their own terms) not get any EXPAT ALLOWANCE when they go back to their home country, it would only make sense for the AOA to fight for the LEPs so that they all get EXPAT ALLOWANCE when they take up a base. Since they were considered as LOCALS in HKG, and it'd only make sense that they become EXPATS when they go on a base (as well on their own terms).

I'm sure ACMS will the first one to propose this movement to NR since he's so keen on separating the EXPAT gorup and the LEP group, it makes no sense to mix these two into one when they go on a base, right? Now let's see how much of a chance these HKG EXPATS would get a base when everyone in the LEP join the fight for these spots.