PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX LEPs.... it's time to join
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2008, 01:33
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
oh man you are a old horse aren't you.

really 70 years old? You don't act it.

Let me spell it out for you bud. ( I know you're 70 and probably a bit sloooooww)

EXPATRIATE.

The LEP Pilot's are NOT EXPATS.

The EXPATS are EXPATS hence the name EXPATRIATE.

Following me so far?

Oh, and yes the LEP's DO get 13th month.

They just don't get the EXPAT allowances, why? good question old fella!!

Because......................wait for it............................

They are NOT EXPATS.

See, simple really.

Why do I get EXPAT allowances? because CX like a LOT of Asian Carriers cannot GROW their own Pilot's on coconut trees and need to ATTRACT experienced Pilot's like us EXPATS. Now to get us all to come thousands of miles from our home countries they need to make it attractive with a lifestyle we are accustomed to, hence EXPAT ALLOWANCES. I mean lets face it, if it wasn't for the money we wouldn't be here at all and CX management would have to fly the Aircraft themselves or ground the Airline.

Now it would be nice to pay the local this money too but they are LOCALS that were born here.

As I said before, but you've probably forgotten ( due to the old age thing )
Our own Cathay Pacific based Pilot's in their home country DO NOT GET EXPAT ALLOWANCES because.......................yep you got it............they are not EXPATS even though they do the same job.

It's not a hard concept to grasp is it buddy?

I imagine that you used to be part of the HK Aviation community once? I imagine you got EXPAT allowances over and above your local colleagues?

thought so.

Last edited by ACMS; 10th Oct 2008 at 01:48.