PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Shares! how low can they go?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2008, 23:04
maxter

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
(though "Our Kev" is in denial)
Teresa, if that is the level of your thought and inteligence then that does not say much for any of your posts. I am sure you are better than that. What do you expect our Prime Minister to do. Get on 7.30 report and say the country is 'stuffed'? That would be a big help. I thought he handled the interview last night exactly as he should. His job is not to give commentary, a point he put very well.

You can be rest assured he probably knows more about where we are heading, than we do about 'tying our shoe laces'. I would say that the old image of the 'duck swimming' would sum up those at the top at the moment. If the last lot were so smart why didn't they tell us we were heading to the bottom. Exactly the opposite message from Howard & co just 9 months ago. I do not believe our position would be 1 bit changed, whoever won last years election.

This situation is well beyond the control of any Australian government and basically we are just along for the ride and thanking our lucky stars for coal and iron ore and slightly better regulations.

Sorry for the thread drift but sometime silly statements cannot be let pass without rebutal.