PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When this Economy picks up!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2008, 15:42
INNflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me clarify my statement in response to the OP, because that's where the phrase "daddy's boy" appeared.

If you fail to see the sarcasm in the "spoiled brats" sentence? Well fair enough, I think the smiley made it even easier to understand.

2ndly, I have family support, they finance (not pay!) half of my training which I am grateful for, and I will pay them back, no jealousy here.

But honestly, I fail to see how ANY of the 18-25 yr old attendees at OAT, etc. could have earned the cash themselves, so again, not a lot would change comparing to the good times. That's a value-free statement, again, no jealousy here.

I enjoy excellent flight training far away from home, which is imho a good experience and yes, the total cost won't even get close to 70k GBP. I could buy a type rating and stay below that mark, but will still hold the same license and finish in the same time as them.

What I find unreasonable?!?

Those daddy's boys who will not settle for anything less than the top integrated outfit because they think they deserve nothing but the fanciest training in suit and tie. I really don't get that, sorry.