PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 9th Oct 2008, 12:40
Terry K Rumble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ed,

Thank you for your reply and for the responce to my question about checking for fuel leaks on the aircraft, although I wish, with hindsight, that I hadn't bothered. It has clearly caused a degree of aggression and upset amongst some people, and for that I'm sorry.

I have no intention of taking sides here, but I would say that in my opinion, everyone is searching for the same ultimate goal. Some people are obviously more placid in the way they post, and certainly some others are far more 'forthright' shall we say, but at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their opinion irrespective of what the rest of us might think. Calling our fellow aviators names is pointless, and serves no useful purpose at all.

So, maybe its time for us all just to take a step back, and cut each other a bit of slack as far as the name calling and open aggression is concerned? It will not do any of us any good whatsoever in our overwhelming single aim of getting a safer aircraft for you guys to fly.

Charlie,
I'm not sure if any of us think (before posting) about the direct impact any of our posts might have on the guys still on the fleet. That said, I do genuinly think that the majority of the stuff written here is meant with the very best of intentions, and not with malice in any way. I agree that it doesn't always come over that way, but I'm sure that it's all well meant. That's not the case as far as the name calling goes though, and I think it's time for it to stop, please.

Thanks once again Ed, and Best wishes to all at Kinloss
TKR