PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
Old 9th Oct 2008, 12:24
nadz101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lauderdale

Of course you are right that people with experience on a specific aircraft previously should be offered employment and hence that is probably one of main reason they were offered a job to begin with. But remember it isnt all about an aircraft they have worked on, personality and customer service experience is a main factor also which Im sure the majority of people who are all waiting in the pool have a great experience of. After all everyone is put through the same training and tests so experience on an aircraft or not shouldnt really dictate the order of those starting training courses first.

As someone quoted in another forum, the email those of us received on september cancelled courses:

"We appreciate that you will be disappointed to hear this news, however please be assured that your application will be kept on file and as soon as we have further course dates confirmed these will be offered to candidates in the date order of courses previously assigned"

Now thats why I said it was unfair. I was number 26 in the pool and hearing someone number 87 has been offered a training date before me because they have flying experience seems a little unjust now.