PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
Old 9th Oct 2008, 11:55
Lauderdale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edgehill

No offence Lauderdale but that's not what new entrants to flying want to hear. There are some within that pool, for whom no other airline is acceptable for whatever reason is personal to them. Some perhaps have family connections, and to fly with another airline - any other airline - is just not what they want.
How about a reality check? The market isnt exactly in a state where beggers can be choosers. My question as an employer to you would be: "how much do you really want it then? Really really really want it if you refuse to get some flying experience by flying for the like of ezy?"

also

But I don't think that external applicants with flying experience should be prioritised over external applicants without that experience. And clearly that is happening.
It seems a little unfair why those already working for an airline or have done previously have been given places over those who have no flying experience.
Maybe a reminder should be in place stating that BA are still a business (not a charity) - if I can employ someone with 10 years worth of experience on say A319/320 etc when I have that same fleet then it makes sense that I will utilise that experience. Let alone people who have 15 years+ experience with the BA product say via an ex franchise.

Sorry guys - but if you really WANT to fly then you will take the path that will get you there. Aviation at the moment is not the place to be picky - and it has ALWAYS been the place where determination counts for everything..........