PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 9th Oct 2008, 11:49
Me Me Me Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off - I intend to vote "NO", So nothing I'm about to say is intended to support the proposal....

All of you (and the guys doing the same on the Intranet forums) are basing your calculations on how much you stand to lose out on a slightly unrealistic assumption: the modeller is based on the Actuarial standard prediction of pay rises, set at RPI + 1.5%

There's two chances of us ever getting a pay rise of RPI + 1.5% in the future... Slim and none, erring toward 'none'. From memory, in 2005 we got an increase of RPI + 0.6%, but all other recent rises have fallen within the proposed cap. If that were to be the same trend going forward, then you would not lose out at all on your future pension. As I said, that's not to try and promote the deal... just to focus on the reality of it.

I've also spoken to people who attended a pre-briefing of top managers and TU reps... they came back converted to "yes" voters by the TU presentation. I remain unmoved, but I look forward to hearing what they have to say. I predict it will be the doomsday scenario painted: "If you don't accept this, they will just impose something worse". I don't buy it.