PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: GD gives himself an outgoing payrise!
Old 9th Oct 2008, 02:39
Ex QF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will it get any better at Qantas? Just like CEO that lowerlobe mentioned above, these people today, not only do they not care, they just don’t get it.

When I read about Dixon on this forum from you guys still at QF it makes me think of many Gen Yer’s

Why are they the way they are? Why do they believe they can come into the workforce and expect to be running the place within months? They just take the pi55 all the time. I have recently employed a girl who went through the QF Graduate program - what a mistake I made. Confident yes, but actually knows 'jack****e’ it's all about her. It's about what she can get out of the company, now!. Have smiled often when Dixon says his staff are well paid, I’d say in many fields they are not and therefore Qantas are not employing the best people, just people who are willing to get into an industry for it’s benefits.

What I'm getting at - when you have someone like Dixon, Cox etc and the QF Board for that matter, then the Gen Y'ers, what help for the people who have been around for 15 years plus who still respect the name, brand, history and wish to continue doing a job with the reward of being paid each fortnight?

I was told recently that a Gen Y'er employed straight out of Uni with a degree in Aviation Management told a long term employee that 'he was old school, been here too long and because he didn't have a degree, was not wanted at Qantas'. The guy - 42 years young had knowledge (gee more than Dixon) of the industry and simply smiled at the young upstart and said, 'so how will "we" fix this problem' and the response from the responsible manager, the young upstart, was 'you've been here forever, you should know.' Funny? No, I guess it’s just sad.