PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Dollar Plummets
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2008, 02:37
[Steve]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Economy plummets with bankers screaming (avoiding a nearby primary school)

The pilots of the economy grappled with the controls (and tried to avoid a nearby day-care centre) as the economy entered a deadly plunge. Banking passengers screamed in terror as their investments suddenly lost altitude.

"It was terrible, the floor suddenly fell from under us. People were screaming and crying everywhere. I thought this was the end. I saw flashed of 1930 before my eyes. And I'm not sure we're safe yet." a passenger was reported to have said just after the initial fall.

A well known pilots web site released a dramatic trace of the economy's altitude information. A spokesman from the investigation refused to comment when asked to confirm or deny the accuracy of this information.

A Government spokesman said that the problem was caused by a near-miss with another crippled economy and re-iterated that there were no problems with the engines of the Australian economy.

The spokesman went on to say that the economy was still flying, although it is uncertain as to whether it can regain any of the lost altitude. He is confident that the pilots can bring it in for a soft landing.

The regulator, who had been out to lunch for several years, has stated that many of the economy's systems will need to be examined to determine the exact cause of the incident and to prevent a future occurrence.

A factual report should be released within 30 days, presuming the economy lands somewhere.