PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Polar
Thread: Atlas Polar
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2008, 23:06
dumbdumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whaledriver -- thanks for the reply.

From what I've been told -- and this if directly from one of the negotiating team members -- the nine month clock to arbitration started when the seniority list was handed over. Therefore, if nothing is agreed to then it goes to arbitration on the joint CBA.

I dislike using the word "source" when giving information but that's what I have to do when he didn't give me permission to use his name.

I totally agree that these little meetings once a month aren't getting anywhere but again, I was told by a negotiating chairman that it's not going to matter -- unless of course Teamsters is voted in. He told me that they are counting on every Polar pilot voting no (which I don't see happening) and some of the Atlas pilots not backing up their change of representation. Thus, the failure of the 50% plus one vote needed to change.

I'm with Polar and still undecided . . .but leaning more and more towards Teamsters. And now with the rumor, which I hope is true, of the DHL/UPS deal being shot down there might be some light at the end of the tunnel that's not the damn train.