PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NIMBYs are at it again!
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2008, 21:23
tegwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NIMBYs are at it again!

Im sure this happened a year or so ago as well..

But on my evening bike ride (throw myself off anything steep and pointy).... I came across a series of little A5 handwritten photocopied things thumbtacked to trees at various points....

Eventually curiosity got the better of me so I stopped to inspect them..... Im going to paraphrase somewhat, but it basically said

Are you, like me, annoyed by these small planesflying over the hills at all hours of the day ruining our peace and quiet. If you wish to complain these are the perpetrators...Followed by a list of local flying companies, airfields and phone numbers
Now, I may be biased, but I have lived here for the last 20 years and have never seen any aircraft flying in a way that would be deemed riske'.... Ok, the hills are a bit of a landmark so they are used as a flying waypoint, but most if not all are well above...We are on a transit path between quite a lof of popular airfields.... The noise is barely an issue...

Needless to say, I removed all of the notes from the trees and binned them....

This coward didnt have the balls to put their contact number on the pieces of paper so people could, if they wished, call them up and complain about the litter and vandalism of the trees!!!

If I ever catch this person in the act....I am afraid I might have to educate them by inserting foot