PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much aeroplane do you really need?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2008, 19:37
rauxaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that Rod... I've made my mind up but I have been neglectful in following things through (rather busy... I run a building company and things are a little "strange" at the moment!).

Back to thread... "why do people pack it in?"... it seems to me that buying shares and actual aeroplanes is so much like buying (very expensive) second hand cars so pilots tend to stay close to clubs and rent instead with all of the non-availability issues.

Consider my recent experiences...

Come and buy one quarter of my aeroplane at £8.3k... I will keep 52% ownership but you will pay one third of the running costs and I can sell it on whenever I like and at whatever price I like... hmmmm (this guy also traded in "classic" cars).

Yeah we can set up a flying group around a Piper Cub I know of... come to see me immediately and bring £24k with you.

The asking price is £18k (was £24k)... You can't stretch to that? Ok I'll take £9k now and £9k in 12 months time... Question: When can I have an engineer make an inspection?... Answer: the farmer who built it might have cut a few corners but if you are really sure you want to spend money on this I'll get back to you (still waiting)

So why do people give up?????