PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot charged for taking helicopter shopping
Old 8th Oct 2008, 19:16
darrenphughes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the guy wrecked 1 helicopter so far. The problem now is that he landed on a rooftop car park, and the only adverse result of that is that some jack-ass didn't have the reflexes to pull his hand out of a closing door.

So how is he
single-handedly trying to erase the Hughes 269 and 500 fleet from the face of the earth (or Ireland, at the very least)
???

Now maybe he's "a flashy huer!!" that loves to flaunt his status symbols around and maybe he isn't the most politically correct guy around(he did make the approach over a built up area). But under the FAR's he needed to be at an altitude that didn't put people or property on the ground at risk in the event of an emergency. Now that leaves it very much open to interpretation, and I'm sure that the IAA could "prove" that he was being reckless by putting a bunch of experts up in front of a judge or committee and giving their opinion against him. But don't you guys think you're being a little harsh here.

Now maybe some of the people on here have seen him fly or better yet have sat with him, but unless you have I don't see how you can pass judgement on his actions by looking at 1 prior accident(which he may have learned a very valuable lesson from, and come out the wiser) and an incident where he blew a door closed.