PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2008, 15:31
Pilot Junior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear CTC Wings applicants...

I have never posted before, but have read a lot of what has been said over the last few weeks. I have been under CTCs selection process for this time, and obviously been able to use this forum for useful information. I feel it is a shame I had to pick through the detritus that has been left by those who have attempted to pass CTCs selection scheme and failed.

Those of you who have abused this facility because of your ill-fortune are what can only be described as the lowest of the low, and quite frankly I am not surprised that CTC has been able to weed you out. It gives me great comfort that people of your nature will struggle to attain what we have all set out to achieve.

I would like to mention some key points that I hope future applicants will note:
1) If any negative post on this forum has ever made you doubt wanting to be a pilot…… don’t bother applying.
2) If you are worrying about the current financial climate of concern and the knock on effect it has on the aviation industry, in particular the available job market........Don’t! What’s the point? No-one can predict what will happen in 2 years following your training. You only live once and who knows when you might get hit by that bus.
3) If you truly want this then go for it! Listen to the people who have done it successfully and are living the dream.

But the intelligent, and in turn more likely to be successful, applicants, will already know this. So I’ll stop teaching granny to suck eggs, and will look forward to seeing you out in New Zealand (I’ll be the one with the big smile on my face).

For those of you who have posted negative comments purely because you are bitter, when you’re thinking about your next post …… just switch your PC off and get on with your own life.

There will be no more posts from me. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.