PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aspiring pilot needs help
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2008, 14:55
mwafrika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nuthead61,
I agree with the previous comments, your first impression was not good. In future refrain from using text message language on any forum you participate in, it makes you appear immature and unproffesional. With flight schools, your best bet is to visit them in person and make your own judgement. I won't attempt to give you advice on SA flight schools since I went to Florida and now flying here in the states. Mind you, I'm not telling you not to take advice from people but in the long run, everyone's learning style, pace and preferences is different. I take it you're a self sponsored student so if you are willing to part with the kind of money flight schools are asking for, it's only a good idea to see where you want to spend your money. I know a few KQ sponsored pilots who attended 43 air school and they said it was nice. Do plenty of research and decide for yourself.
Digital, your comments are utterly uncalled for. Everyone of us who ventures into flight schools has a goal and its to get hired and make money doing what you've always dreamt of. There's nothing wrong with asking about jobs before going to flight school. Nuthead61, good luck with your search and all the best in your career.
PS: The conversion process is long and costly so be prepared for that but keep your head up. If you love it enough, you'll make it.