PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2008, 09:50
burty83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day Dreamer I'm not sure why you are so bitter with CTC.

"For those of you who have failed CTC selection, look elsewhere as there are better options"

Can you tell me where, or is it on the planet you're on? Like Allocate On Arrival, I'm just wondering why and how such a bitter taste has been left in your mouth.

It has been unfortunate what has happened with the cadets who have recently gone to easyjet but that's what has happened to cadets who have recently gone to one airline. What about the cadets who have recently gone to TCX or Monarch or even those who are now flying for BA like myself? In fact, there are cadets soon to be starting type ratings with TCX and those who have just started with easyjet on the 737. The industry has been hit hard but it will pick itself up again but no one knows yet when that will be.

As Allocate On Arrival has mentioned CTC will renew your IR and if you haven't flown for a while and you get put onto a TR course, you will have the opportunity to use the sims at CTC to refresh your valuable skills for nothing. Does this happen at OAA? No. Because OAA will get you qualified and then that's their job done. You will find yourself also paying more for the services.

For those looking at CTC I would strongly recommend not being put off by those who have been left with a bitter taste in their mouth. At times like these it can be seen as a gamble but you are still 18+ months away from actually finishing your training. I'm not removing any health warnings that go with the scheme as it is a lot of money and commitment. When airlines aren't seeking to absorb the hold pool (see what I did there), times can be hard but that's when you temp elsewhere for a bit like I did, until it's your time.

Less scare stories please as this world has enough of those as it is.