PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 7th Oct 2008, 21:10
zedder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But guys, Winco is getting all his gen from a mate on the 'coal face':

EdSett,
I spoke to a Sqn Ldr (aircrew) mate at Kinloss last night, and we discussed your comment about nobody in the crew rooms interested in PPrune. Well, I'm not sure what crewroom you visit, but on his squadron, it is still the main topic of conversation. (He is a Nav, but hey, he is still at the coal face) Are you sure you aren't the CAS??!!
As we all know, the pool of Sqn Ldr Navs at Kinloss, let alone on the 'coal face' is actually pretty small. Given that 1 got posted down South a couple of weeks ago, and that 1 is female, that leaves quite a small number even if you interpret 'coal face' in the loosest terms. I know for a fact that PPrune is not the main topic of conversation in our crewroom, so that reduces the list by 3. I'm also assured that it is not the main topic of conversation on the painting by numbers Sqn, so another 3 off the list. That leaves a very small list, most of whom I've talked to.

Now how big is the pool of Wg Cdr Nimrod Pilots who left the fleet in 1996 and that now fly for BA and come from Geordie Land?