PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas emergency landing
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2008, 20:04
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Passengers:

You pay my salary, so thank you. But all this about seat belts, trolleys on tracks and that stuff...PUHLEASE:

I've seen PASSENGERS complain about keeping the seat belt sign illuminated. Some disobey the sign and go to the lavatory.

I know of one case in which a 737 hit CAT...the SEAT BELT sign was illuminated...one passenger got up, went to the Lavatory and was thrown violently around BECOMING A QUADREPLEGIC (sp?). GETTING out of your seat with the SEAT BELT sign illuminated also presents a DANGER to the crew and passengers.

Trolleys on tracks...hey great idea...I thought of it over 20 years ago and someone probably had the idea 20 years before that.

So, you want a flight like that...fine, let's triple the price of your ticket.

ON every airliner in the USA there is a sign in front of YOUR face saying to keep seat belt fastened while seated.

I've had FA's get on the PA after I had told the FA's to remain seated telling passengers to get back to their seat in violent turbulence.

PORROHMANand sorry for the mistake earlier) thank you for posting the bit about coffin corner. I know ATP airline captains who really don't have a clue about this. I know airlines who , when given a choice between the 1.25g and 1.375g buffet margins, always tell pilots to go to the 1.25g so the plane can go higher and save fuel.

I have no problem with QANTAS, but I would like to know if there has been any change in buffet margin use and the like.

I am not at all surprised to see NO ONE IS commenting on the bit about watching outside air temps as a clue for CAT. Very few pilots know about...or I should say, MODERN and YOUNGER pilots.

Last edited by sevenstrokeroll; 8th Oct 2008 at 00:12.