PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's that question.....again
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2008, 15:21
Jet22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr It's that question.....again

Right, year 11 student and want to be a pilot. Had a connections interview (ugh she was OK but not good). Am expected all c's with a few above that level (if i push my self to the limit i can achieve all b and higher).

Now, there is one thing that lets me down, My Eyesight. I have had Class 2 Medical and the Doctor said you will pass Class 1. Am just worried because i do were glasses and every time i go back to the optiction he says the same old thing 'they have altered a bit' (meaning they have got worse ). Anyway, i want a back up with my A-Levels so i have come to ask for advice, your personal opinions and preferably someone who is an Airline Pilot. I have heard, read, said i need an A-Level in Maths and Physics. Well truth is, My mathes teacher said i can only probably achieve an A2 (half a-level) in maths and science well dont even go there. (st teachers since year 8).

Anyway, as i said i want something to back me up incase anything goes wrong in the avation world and something to help me out in the Pilot Industry. Do i need to have an A-Level in Maths and Physics or not. I am thinking of studying Law (Both help in either option i choose or get put into), and possibly two other things to do with The Economy-Accounting and Economics. (Also looking at Politics).

Sorry