PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
Old 7th Oct 2008, 14:05
cloud747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update 2

hello all

just back from a trip and have some updated info. its now sems a forgone conculsion that ba are to now close there cabin crew base at glasgow, infact it was said ba had even booked a room at a local hotel to tell the crew of there fate thursday but the unions have got invloved inthis now and going by what has happen before with ground staff and other bases ie bhx, bfs etc. ba never were they can make staff redundant therefore all of the glasgow people will be offered prob like the other staff ( baggage handlers, company bus drivers, ground staff etc) long haul cabin crew positions, duno if its going to be for lgw or lhr ww but most get lhr ww.
also have spoken to a trianer today and it seems also that now the only way into ba is now going to be lgw single fleet ( a lot less pay than lhr and worse terms and conditions than lhr) and they seem to be filling positons with temp crew to as well for lgw as i have just flown with one and she was told it looks like they are all going to be offered lgw. so i guess if they are taking these guys into the base the people who have been canx off courses will have to wait, which is a shame however the staff who they will put there are all ready ba crew and take priority.
but i can understand some peoples frustration on here of wer ethey are going with ba and dates of joining etc

any way any more updates will adv