PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2008, 11:01
Farrell
The Cooler King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok....enough shooting in the dark.

As some of you know, I am good friends with Matthew and Iain, but I am making this post as a way of providing impartial advice to students who are owed money by EFT.

As Matthew states, some of you who are still owed money by EFT are showing up on their records as having already been paid. A perfectly viable excuse under the circumstances.
I told you all before that I have seen first-hand the chaos that someone with authority over cash and refunds who goes rogue can cause.
Untangling the web of deceit and lies and trying to track down which refunds were real and which ones were bogus is extremely time consuming.

Unfortunately for those students affected, it is not simply a case of handing over your refund. The company will have its own internal investigating to do, and no doubt, the police will as well.

You can go on and on about back-up plans and incompetence and whatnot, however, this is all just jibber-jabber as it is trying to solve the problem with hindsight.

My advice to anyone who is looking to get back a refund, is to follow the example of the first poster and get yourself a lawyer.
Sad and all as it is, some of you may have been ripped off by a former EFT staff member. That is the fact of this issue i.e. some of you have been robbed. The activity was criminal and like anywhere else in the world, you must now follow a legal path in an attempt to retrieve your money.

Also.....some food for thought:
No one is running away from this issue at EFT.
You have two senior instructors online who are doing their best to explain the situation to you as best as they can, with the information that they have been given.
It would appear on the surface that they are trying to sort it out.

Any unscrupulous company would have already pulled the plug at this stage and declared bankruptcy.
Remember that EFT hire their aircraft from Ariben Aviator......they have no real assets of their own!

Would you be willing to head over there and attend a creditor's meeting at your own expense and accommodate yourself there?
How much are you owed? Would it be worth it? Probably not.

You are one of, I think, many who have possibly been swindled.
Therefore, you have two options:

1. Write to EFT and lodge your claim for unreturned funds and wait it out until they are in a position to pay you back.
(Either do this personally or through a lawyer)

2. Put it down to a bad experience and move on.

I know that there are moral and emotional elements to either of the above.
But the bottom line is: **** happens - and you must deal with it.

Farrell