PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airspace Discussion
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2008, 08:35
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaddy

What on earth are you smoking? Again you start off wrong, then go both downhill and convoluted into an obscure political argument.

ADS-B can be done with a simple blind box in the luggage compartment using a TSO145 driver to generate GPS data to a transponder squitting ADS-B OUT (among other things).

ALL affected aircraft - VFR and IFR - can be so fitted. That's ADS-B.

Meantime, and absolutely a separate exercise with no relevance at all to ADS-B, Airservices are reducing the NAVAIDS to a backup network capable of providing 'home, Jeeves' at full tootle pip speed in the event of a GNSS failure. That needs a GPS navigator. That is why IFR gets a greater subsidy.

Who gives a rats about the NZ SSR - are you determined to keep the wagon wheels rolling as the rest of the world moves from the horse and cart to the automobile?

How many stations to completely cover Oz at 5000' - what a great idea Leaddy - have you suggested it to Telstra, Optus, Three etc for mobiles as well? We could probably bitumen all the tracks as well. The ADS-B cover suggested is to cater for reasonable coverage of much that is now NOT covered by the antique monsters with revolving heads, and never will be under that technology.

Are you so set in your opposition that a doubling or tripling of the mantle of safety is inadequate - you must have 100% or nothing - cost me that out in NZ SSR heads.

The WAAS coverage contract moved - I see, that was Airservices was it? Always thought it was the yanks and outside our control.

Leaddy, go and read that USA document. They are waking up that THEY are going to be the unique group in the world.

You've lost me Leaddy - good luck with your kero lantern and coolgardie safe